This policy recognises that the health and safety of all our employees at Belmatic is the shared responsibility of this organisations management and staff. We believe that all injuries can be prevented. In fulfilling this responsibility, management has a duty of care to provide a working environment that is safe and without risks to health and includes providing:
- A safe and healthy workplace and environment.
- Necessary information, training and supervision to ensure that each employee is safe from injury and risks to their health.
- Effective consultation with employees and their unions on all OH&S issues.
- Effective rehabilitation and return to work strategies for any employee suffering from work related injuries or illness.
- Effective investigation, reporting and recording procedures for all OH&S issues.
- Effective regular hazard assessment and an incident/accident investigation regime.
Management is committed to regular consultation and review of all OH&S issues with employees to ensure the effectiveness of this policy.
The OH&S duties of management will be specified and followed at all times.
- Is responsible for the effective implementation of this OH&S policy.
- Will observe, implement and fulfil its responsibilities under the OH&S Acts and Regulations.
- Will ensure that regular consultation between Management and staff.
- Will regularly assess OH&S performance and resources in consultation with staff or their representatives.
- Will provide information, training and supervision of all staff in the correct and safe use of all plant, equipment and substances used by this company.
- Will conduct an effective OH&S induction for all new staff.
- Must be informed of all incidents and/or accidents occurring on this company worksite or external worksite (eg Fawkner Crematorium) so the OH&S of all staff can be accurately monitored.
- Belmatic requires all staff to report for work in a fit condition to carry out their allotted tasks. Any employee not fit for work will be sent home without risk to themselves or others.
- Will have a duty of care for their own OH&S and others that may be affected by their actions.
- Will not wilfully damage OH&S equipment or facilities provided for the mutual benefit of staff in this company.
- Will report any actual or potential hazard to the company for corrective action.